7.12.2005

Why a roller coaster...?

...I don't know, but that is what I think about when I look at my life. But not the kind of roller coaster thought that relates to ups and downs. My roller coaster thoughts are little different. Here's my brain in an analogy:

It's "get-in-free-day" at Six flags amusement park, so everybody and their brother is there. Everybody is waiting in line to get on the awesomest roller coaster in the park, so naturally I am in line too. I've used up all my tickets and I can ride one more ride. As I'm in line for the awesome roller coaster, I'm looking around at all the other roller coasters that are there. They aren't the coolest ones, but each has a unique quality about it that I kinda dig. So after waiting in line for this incredible roller coaster that everybody else is dying to ride, I decide at the last minute to let somebody else go ahead of me and use my ticket on a different ride.

I am the worst second guesser that there ever was. I live my life this way and it drives me crazy. I wish someone could and would put a stop to the madness that is my decision making ability.

It's times like these I'm thankful for predestination. :)

1 comment:

erin said...

I just want you to know that White Knoll is right near my new house and I think of you every morning as I pass it on my way to work. I love you and hope married life and new teacher life is going well. You are in my prayers:)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker