2.09.2007

There really is a baby in there!

We had our first ultrasound yesterday! It was amazing! And, it's for sure, without a doubt, we could tell....

It's a Boy!!

So Benjamin's gonna have a little junior! Benjamin Johnson Ryan, Jr. But we'll call him Benson. He's such a cutie. I must say, my favorite feature of him so far is his little hiney. It's just adorable. They videoed the whole ultrasound and I have watched it a bazillion times since yesterday, it's just so amazing to be able to see him moving all around in there. I have only felt him move one time, so it was just amazing to see him wiggling all around! I wish I could upload the video to here, it was so incredible! He would stretch his little legs all the way out and then pull them back in and it looked like he was waving at us with his tiny little hands. What a blessing it is to see they Lord's creation as he is forming it and making it perfectly.

So now it's time to start picking out nursery stuff and preparing our home for the new addition. I think we both feel like it's real for the first time. Since I haven't been sick and I haven't felt it move but once, it's been hard to believe that a little pink line and not being able to fit in my clothes really means there is a baby in my belly! So I'm glad to have seen him. He really is in there and he really is on his way. I can't wait to kiss him!

4 comments:

erin said...

aw jess that is so exciting.and i like benson. thats a cute and creative combination there. lucky you not feeling sick. i wish you could upload the ultrasound too..i would have loved to see it. wow...congratluations again. my college roommate had a baby at the beginning of the month..and its still hard to believe we are old enough for this. wow. guess that will make you realize you are a grown up huh?:)

Unknown said...

You and Julie are going to have your baby about the same time huh??? That is so awesome.

Anonymous said...

That is so exciting Jessica! I was bummed that I missed Bible study last week because I knew if things had gone well at the ultrasound you would know what you were having and I wanted to find out too! I love the name Benson!:)
Its killing me to have to wait to find out what our little one is!! Now Miss Lula will have two little boys and a little girl this summer! :)What a blessing to have cousins so close in age.
Can't wait to see you next Tuesday night!

Unknown said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHH, Yay!!!! You're going to be the best and most blessed mommy in the whole world!!!!! I'm so so so excited for you and Benjamin! I hate that Matt and I are so far away and wont be able to meet up and eat pizza, and see the ultrasound, and talk about the greatness of JP!
Get Benjamin to rub your belly for me...:)

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker