9.02.2005

Pyrex

So tomorrow is Game Day. Well, I guess it's today since it's 12:01. One of my favorite parts of football season is tailgating. I've written blogs before on food. It's just good stuff. I think it's neat how Jesus says we'll have a FEAST with him... as a Silars Bald song says, "We'll feast with the saints at His banqueting table and laugh with those that He's called his own..." I like that. It makes me excited and anticipatory (not sure that's a word).

So tonight I was getting ready for the Feast that is the beginning of the Clemson football season. I sat down, made my list and scooted off to Walmart to get some groceries. Well everybody and their BROTHER obviously thinks it's a good idea to get their weekly groceries at Walmart on friday night at 9:00. I read through an entire People Magazine while I was waiting in line to check out!

So I came home and was making one of my favorite tailgating treats: creamy crescents. Mmm, Mmm... they're tasty. And I was also (and therein lies the key to what prompted this late night blog) cooking some chicken to put in a dip for tomorrow. The chicken was done, so I moved it over to the other side of the stove and pulled the crescents out of the oven to cool. I set them on the stove and walked over to the sink to start on some dishes. I'm scrubbing away at the pots and there is this loud EXPLOSION behind me, and I think we've been bombed. Well, I turn around and my entire kitchen is covered in tiny bits of glass and my crescents are smoking on the front burner... I forgot to turn it off.

Apparently Pyrex wasn't made for the stovetop :)

(Random memory that just poppped into my head: When I was registering at Bed, Bath, and Beyond for wedding stuff, the guy was showing me around the kitchen section and was trying to sell me on this great OXO brand measuring cup. And I was trying to politely tell him that I didn't want to buy it and I said, "Oh, I already have a lot of Playtex... I don't think I need any more." He stood there a minute with this slightly embarrassed look on his face and we moved on... it wasn't til I got in the car that I realized what I'd said. Oh my.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had known that you were coming up for the game so we could've met up or something! Boy, what a game that was, too! As for you and your tailgating food.....I must say that the apple dip is one of the best!

Anonymous said...

Hey Jessica!! I was just reading some of your blogs. I had a pyrex dish explode just a couple of months ago, at school. I brought a chicken dish to share with the other teachers and while cleaning it, it exploded!! I really hope you are well! I miss seeing you. We need to talk soon, I have stuff to tell you. 864-384-3276

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker